If you’re saving for the future, or have already built up a sizable retirement nest egg, you’re off to a great start. But achieving the retirement you envisioned takes more than just saving. A successful retirement plan requires building up savings, and then turning those savings into lasting retirement income.
Annuities can help you:
- Ensure retirement income: Annuities offer multiple income payment options, including guaranteed income for life.
- Increase retirement assets: Annuities may offer growth opportunities with higher return potential than CDs, treasuries or other fixed investments.
- Leave a legacy: Annuities’ death benefits can help ensure that the assets you built for retirement are able to help protect the people and causes you care about once you’re gone.
Annuities can provide an extra layer of protection, while also helping you build up the assets you’ll need to not only survive retirement, but also thrive throughout retirement.
For example, Fixed Indexed Annuities may offer higher growth potential than CDs or treasuries and ensure you can’t lose any retirement assets due to poor market performance. They can also provide an income stream that’s guaranteed to last throughout the rest of your life.
Consider these important factors
As you and your financial professional build a retirement income strategy, consider important factors like:
- Your planned retirement age and future income needs
- Employer benefits, personal savings, and estimated government benefits
- Your current and future savings capability
- Your risk tolerance, and how it may evolve over time
Together, you can find solutions that fit your needs and budget, and help all of the pieces of your plan work in harmony.
Annuities are issued by the AuguStar Life Insurance Company. Guarantees are based on the claims-paying ability of the issuer. Guarantees do not apply to the investment performance of any index.
Early withdrawals may be subject to surrender charges. Withdrawals may be subject to ordinary income tax and, if taken prior to age 59½, a 10% federal tax penalty may apply. Fixed annuities are not insured or guaranteed by the FDIC or any other government agency.
Fixed indexed annuities (“FIA”) are long-term investment vehicles designed to accumulate money on a tax-deferred basis for retirement purposes. Upon retirement, FIAs may provide an income stream or a lump sum. If you die during the accumulation or payout phase, your beneficiary may be eligible to receive any remaining Contract Value.
Products, product features, and rider availability vary by state. Issuer not licensed to conduct business in NY.